Looking for Innovators
CompetencyWorks is for innovators and early adopters, written by innovators and early adopters. Whether you are a teacher, principal, policymaker or community partner, our goal is to find a way to share the nuts and bolts of competency education while constantly reflecting on how we can do better for our students. We all know that we have to keep quality and personalization at the very core of our work.
This means that we need the participation of innovators like you. There are several ways you can participate:
- Share your comments when you read postings that resonate or with which you disagree. Honest dialogue is essential for driving towards excellence.
- Be interviewed by one of our writers so that others can benefit from what you have learned.
- Share your resources. This is probably the most important thing. Whether it is a meeting agenda, a rubric, a new set of regulations or legislation or a new way to design transcripts, there will be someone else across the country that wants to see it.
- Write a post to share your learning, observations, insights and vision. If this is your first time to “blog” we’ll give you a helping hand. Below is a quick checklist to get you started. Contact Chris at ten.t1386753796ensit1386753796em@si1386753796rhc1386753796 if you have any questions or want to brainstorm about topics.
Share Your Know-How, Knowledge, and Insights
- Write an original guest post in 1,000 words or less.
- Provide a catchy and descriptive title for the post. (We can help you brainstorm the title!)
- Use proper spelling and grammar.
- Give credit and site content where necessary.
- Add hyperlinks or forward supportive materials to be add to the Competency-Based Pathways wiki
- Disclose any conflicts of interest.
Tell Us About Yourself
- Write a brief author’s biography in 150 words or less.
- Submit a quality, personal headshot for the author’s biography section.
- If applicable, submit your professional Twitter handle for publishing.
- Optional: Submit one, quality photo that relates to the article. Authors may submit original or personal photos, graphics, diagrams, etc. Photos and graphics created by other individuals or companies must be listed with one of the following creative commons licenses: Attribution (CC BY), Attribution-NoDerivs (CC BY-ND) or Attribution-ShareAlike (CC BY-SA).
Upon submission, review and approval, CompetencyWorks will publish on the www.competencyworks.org website and will alert you to the date of publication.
CompetencyWorks does not provide compensation for submissions from contributing authors. At times we may be willing to offer a small honorarium for topics and perspectives that require specific expertise.
Terms and Disclosure
CompetencyWorks reserves the right to edit content, spelling, grammar, etc. upon approval from the author. CompetencyWorks reserves the right to refuse to publish any works submitted for review for any reasons, which it is not obligated to disclose to the guest author. Reasons for rejecting a guest article include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Inaccurate information or facts
- Excessive grammatical or spelling errors
- Irrelevance to competency education
- Solely focused on marketing one product or company
CompetencyWorks also reserves the right to remove any published works by a contributing author from the website without prior warning or explanation to the author. All original content submitted by the guest author will remain intellectual property of the author.
CompetencyWorks encourages guest bloggers to include links back to their websites or blogs in their posts or author biography so long as the links are relevant to the content of the blog post. CompetencyWorks reserves the right to remove a link from any blog post or author biography without explanation.
By submitting an article for review, you are agreeing to the terms outlined in this Contributing Author Posting Policy. For questions regarding guest authoring or guest articles on CompetencyWorks, please contact Chris Sturgis at ten.t1386753796ensit1386753796em@si1386753796rhc1386753796.